Breaking into Hollywood: A Conversation with Asian American Creatives, April 7 from 8-9pm ET
Join us for a conversation with distinguished Duke Asian American alumni in Hollywood on Wednesday, April 7, 8pm-9pm ET. Hear from panelists working across the entertainment industry, as they share their career paths, creative processes, and experiences at the intersection of representation, race and storytelling.
Register here: Breaking Into Hollywood Registration
The panel will feature:
- Emmy-nominated writer/director Geeta V. Patel ’98 (The Great, The Mindy Project, Fresh Off The Boat)
- Actor Angela Zhou ’14 (Promising Young Woman, Hell on Wheels)
- Filmmaker King Lu ’15 (From June to July)
- Vice President of Marketing Strategy, Funimation/Sony Pictures Television Wenny Katzenstein MBA ’03
- Moderated by Daniel Kim ’21, aspiring screenwriter/filmmaker in the StudioDuke program and recipient of the Benenson Award in the Arts and Janet B. Chiang Grant for his screenplay, Hollywood Asian
Presented by Duke Asian American & Diaspora Studies (AADS), Duke Asian Alumni Alliance (DAAA), Duke Entertainment, Media, & Arts Network (DEMAN), Cinematic Arts, Duke Arts, DukeCreate, Duke in LA, Duke Global Education, Duke Undergraduate Certificate in East Asian Studies, and Fuqua’s Media, Entertainment & Sports (MES) Club.
Our Duke alumni affinity groups (DAAA, DBA, DUHLAA, Duke LGBTQ+ Network) and Duke Atlanta released a joint statement of solidarity supporting our Asian and Asian-American communities. Review the statement here.